We understand this is a time of heightened anxiety. Here at Victor Medical Centre and at the Pt Elliot Medical Clinic we have taken a number of measures to protect you as much as possible.
Unfortunately, not all care can be conducted over the phone and as of 23/03/2020, not all patients are eligible for phone consults.
Some of the measures we have taken are:
- Making phone consults available to all eligible patients.
- Screening of all patients prior to them making an appointment and then on arrival, so that people who have travelled overseas or interstate or had contact with someone with COVID-19 are not seen in the clinic.
- Increased space between waiting room chairs.
- Increased cleaning of high touch surfaces and removal of all magazines and children’s toys.
- Asking patients not to arrive early for appointments to minimise numbers in the waiting room.
- Asking patients not to bring other family members to the appointment if possible, once again to minimise numbers in the waiting room.
- Not having acutely unwell patients in the consulting room and trying to limit these in our treatment/emergency areas.
- All patients at risk of COVID-19 are directed to the hospital for testing and are not seen here.
The health and safety of all our patients and staff are important to us, we thank you for your cooperation.
Staff and doctors, Victor Medical Centre